Feb 28, 2010

Italian Roasted Pork Loin with Grapes - Sunday Night Family Dinner

I really loved Australian Table Magazine which morphed into BBC Australian Good Food Mag, which I wasn't so sure about. However tonight I adapted their Roasted Pork Loin with Grapes for my family's Sunday Night Family Dinner (haven't been able to find their magazine site online as yet !). I deleted the white wine vinegar and replaced it with extra virgin olive oil.

I also added 2 medium potatoes (to serve 4) peeled & cut into segments as well as 4 small onions to the roasting pan an hour before roasting was due to end

Then I added sliced capsicum (bell peppers) & eggplant (aubergine) cut into 2cm cubes Served with sliced steamed Carrots & steamed French Green Beans.

The pork was so very succulently tender & my "70 something" Mum really loved it - especially the red grapes, as she had never had grapes in a mains before - and it's so important to have older folk keep eating & maintain an interest in food!

(PS Mum says she's about to experiment with a new Chocolate Cake recipe made with Beetroot pureed in a blender - now I am not so sure about that - however if she's willing to try my experiments then I obviously have to reciprocate !)

Posted via email from KerrieAnne's Kitchen